Christmas themed sausage rolls for the whole family
These sausage rolls take that traditional pairing of turkey and cranberry and wrap them in flaky pastry. What better way to enjoy those wonderful flavours than in something super easy to make! Perfect for picnics. Great for taking to share with friends. They are easy to make and also freeze really well. So make a double batch and store some away for a later date.
And if this is not so much your thing check out my other sausage roll options.
Turkey and cranberry sausage rolls
- mixing bowl
- food processor
- air fryer is optional
- 500 g turkey mince
- 400 g cannellini beans drained
- 1 brown onion roughly chopped
- 1 carrot roughy chopped
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- 3 sheets puff pastry thawed
- Pre heat oven to 180C
- Place beans in food processor and blitz to a smooth paste. Tip them into a large mixing bowl with the turkey mince.
- Put the carrots, onions, herbs, stock and cranberries into the processor (without washing it out) and blitz until about the size of large breadcrumbs. Then tip into the bowl with the other filling ingredients.
- Mix until really well combined.
- Take one sheet of pastry and cut it in half. Place enough filling along each long edge to cover a third of the rectangle. Be careful not to overfill, or they will unroll when baking. Roll up and turn so that the last edge is down onto the board. Cut into 4 equal rolls. Place on baking tray, and repeat with other sheets of pastry.
- Brush with milk or egg, and bake for 25 minutes, or until golden on the top.