Seeded flatbread is so easy to make.
In this seeded flatbread, I’ve used a premix seed and nut combination. If you want to change this for chia seeds and flaxseeds, that is a perfect combination. It is also a great idea to swap out the plain flour for spelt flour. You can also vary the cook time depending on whether you like it a bit softer, or super crispy. Vary the thickness when you roll it out, and that will make a difference to the finished texture. It is so versatile!
Don’t worry if you need Gluten free. Swap out the flour for GF flour. And check the label on whatever seed and nut mix you use. Chia seeds and flaxseeds will help solve that problem. Dairy Free? No problems. Use coconut yoghurt. I’ve used Kefir made with coconut milk and that is great!
Seeded flatbread to pull apart and share
- 1/2 cup paleo protein superfood mix sub mixture of black chia and linseeds
- 3/4 cup plain wholemeal flour
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 2 tbsn greek yoghurt
- 1/2 tspn salt
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Mix everything in large bowl with a flat bladed knife, then kneed for a couple of minutes until it forms a soft dough
- Divide dough in half and roll out each half on a sheet of baking paper until it’s about 3mm thick. Transfer carefully to two baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Take out and allow to cool on cooling racks. Pull apart and serve with your favourite dip. Our favourite is the Moroccan garlic spiced dip.
The seeded flatbread is super quick and easy to make. So make this wonderful, fast Moroccan dip while the flatbread is baking. This dip only has 5 ingredients and takes 5 minutes to whizz together and is super healthy as well! You can make it as spicy as you like. I added some minced chilli one day. And another time, I added some chopped fresh coriander. To make this dip dairy free, then swap out the Greek yoghurt for coconut or almond yoghurt. It will still be just as wonderful in flavour.
If you have any dip left over, it is great mixed with chicken mince for burgers! And use the dip as a topping for roasted sweet potato chips! Healthy loaded fries for all the family to enjoy. Top the fries with some tomato salsa layered with this dip. Your family and friends will keep coming back for more. And don’t forget to share the recipe with everybody.
If you like this recipe?
There are other super easy recipes in my new book, The Healthy Traveller. 60 recipes which use minimal ingredients and a small number of steps to success. So not much washing up either!!